The Presbytery of Sheppards and Lapsley has four stated meetings each year. Presbytery Packets are available below-left, and minutes from previous meetings are below-right. Presbytery Packets will be posted 10 days before an upcoming meeting.
2022 Stated Meetings:
- February 17, 2022/First Presbyterian Church, Birmingham
- May 19, 2022/First Presbyterian Church, Wetumpka
- August 18, 2022/First Presbyterian Church, Tuscaloosa
- November 17, 2022/South Highland Presbyterian Church, Birmingham
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE UPCOMING
February PRESBYTERY MEETING
This Presbytery meeting will be held by Zoom.
Below are important details regarding upcoming training date with link, registration link, link for the Presbytery meeting and packet link.
Zoom Training: This training is for those who have not attended a Zoom Presbytery meeting before.
You will learn how to vote, make motions, raise your hand, etc. Joe Genau has graciously volunteered to help anyone that would like to join this meeting to become more familiar with Zoom. The training usually takes about 10 minutes and you can drop in any time during the hour.
Monday, February 14, 2022 from 4:30 – 5:30PM.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82901010588
Meeting ID: 829 0101 0588
As you enter, you will start in the “waiting room.” Please be patient – you’ll be brought into the main room as space is available for training.
You may also join us via telephone call.
To call in, dial – 1 312 626 6799. And when prompted for a meeting ID, enter the number listed above.
Presbytery Registration (NO LATER THAN February 16):
Please use the link below to register for the meeting. You must register by February 16th, no later than noon. This is so we can get an accurate number for a quorum and so that the admission from the waiting room goes smoothly. It is very important that you register the day before the meeting.
Presbytery meeting Zoom Link:
For the day of Presbytery, February 17th beginning at 9:00 AM (see link below) The actual meeting will begin at 9:30 AM. (As you enter, you will start in the “waiting room.” Please be patient – you’ll be brought into the main room as soon as possible.)
Meeting ID: 842 9083 8639
You may also join us via telephone call. To call in, dial – 1 312 626 6799
IMPORTANT: If you have a video, presentation or want to share your screen, please let us know the day before the meeting. This is so the meeting will go smoothly with no technical issues.
Ministers and Commissioners, please download and read the presbytery packet before the meeting. Click the following link for the packet:
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the links for the packet and the previous meeting minutes.
A Worship folder will be sent out the day before the meeting.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATING IN PRESBYTERY MEETINGS
- When speaking at Presbytery, please raise your hand (will learn how in training).
- Introduce yourself by stating your name and church.
- Our rules are that each speaker during debate has up to two minutes to address the issue to which they are speaking. The Moderator may give a 30-second warning, so that you may conclude your remarks.
- Only enrolled commissioners are authorized to vote on issues. Corresponding members are entitled to address the Presbytery.
- Any motion made (be it a new motion, a substitute motion or an amended motion) must be given to the Stated Clerk in writing, through the Chat room (will learn in training).
- Any new business must be given to the Stated Clerk through the chat room, by 11:00 AM.
If you would like to receive the Presbytery newsletter, please contact Tammy at email@example.com. For more information about the Presbytery, please visit our website at http://www.pslpcusa.org.
November 2021 Highlights from November Presbytery Meeting
August 2020 Highlights from May Presbytery Meeting
May 2020 Highlights from May Presbytery Meeting
February 2020 Highlights from February Presbytery meeting
November 2019 Highlights from November Presbytery meeting