The presbytery offers a variety of events in many ministry areas throughout the year. From retreats and camps to workshops and fellowship, there is something going on all the time! Check this space regularly for presbytery sponsored events as well as information about programs at local churches.
ELEMENTARY EPIPHANY RETREAT
We did not have enough children to sign up for the Veteran’s Day retreat, so we are hoping that by rescheduling it during Christmas break, we will have more children able to come.
This retreat will sneak up on us because of the holiday. Please start promoting it now. Living River needs these children at the retreat to give them a taste of what summer camp will be like.
STEPS TO ORGANIZE YOUR ELEMENTARY CHILDREN TO ATTEND THE EPIPHANY RETREAT
- Print out the attachments.
- On the flyer your church will determine what your church will charge for the retreat and write it in on the flyer. (Your church will pay Presbytery $55 for every person registered. However, you may have money set aside in a budget to provide scholarships that will lower that price per attendee, or you may need to charge more for transportation costs and to cover chaperones.)
- Distribute flyers to 1st-5th graders and advertise in bulletins and on weekly church e mails.
- Recruit children and chaperones. You need to bring 1 adult for every 6 children.
- Individuals turn in registrations and money to you by Christmas. Checks are made payable to your church.
- The church sends Jenny at Living River (email@example.com) a list of attendees by Thursday, December 27. (See “Elementary Retreat List of Attendees” attachment.)
- One person from the church brings all the registration forms with her/him to the retreat.
- The church sends one check to the Presbytery by Monday, January 7 for their registrations.
- Living River invoices Presbytery for the number that attended.
ELEMENTARY RETREAT LIST OF ATTENDEES
ELEMENTARY RETREAT REGISTRATION
ELEMENTARY EPIPHANY RETREAT
Presbyterian Home for Children Thrift Store
Monthly Donation Day at SVPC
The next collection date is Saturday, December 1. Bring your usable discards, gently used clothing, etc., to the Presbyterian Home for Children’s reception center in the rear parking lot, below the playground of Shades Valley Presbyterian Church. Volunteers will be on hand to unload your vehicle and to give you a receipt for your tax-deductible donation. The center will be open from 8 AM – 12 noon. To volunteer or for more information, email Terry Tingle
ANNUAL SMALL CHURCH LEADERSHIP TRAINING
Date: January 12, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Location: Living River
The Small Church Task Team has set the date of January 12, 2019 for the next Small Church Officer Training Event at Living River. Click the link below to view the full flyer and to register.
FACING MORTALITY Workshop
— as in one’s own!–
Rev. Mary Porter will be leading a
one-day workshop on Saturday, December 8 (8:30 AM – 4 PM) at Shades Valley Presbyterian Church.
1. consider participating yourself
2. share the news with others in your circle.
Greetings this fine Monday morning! I come wearing my Mid-South APCE Connector hat. Registration for the Annual Mid-South APCE Event is open. Please share this information within your churches – pastors, educators, youth workers, any on your email lists.
We look forward to gathering in Galveston, TX, February 6-9, right on the beach. The early bird deadline to register is December 7.