Recently Presbytery has provided funds to be used in training needed Commission Ruling Elder candidates for the Presbytery of Sheppards and Lapsley. Once, a candidate has been accepted into the program, the candidate enrolls in Dubuque Theological Seminary on-line CRE training program for which scholarship funds are now available. However, completion of this approximately two-year program does not guarantee a candidate commissioning. There must be a call from a church and Presbytery approval.
Please advertise this program in your church. Candidates may contact me at BevDod@gmail.com for further information. The basic requirements are:
1. Must be a ruling elder in one of this Presbytery’s churches.
2. Must be active member of one of this Presbytery’s churches.
3. Must secure the necessary enrollment documents from the Presbytery website, complete and forward to me at the Presbytery office.
4. Must secure recommendation from person’s session and current pastor. If church is without a pastor, contact me for further information.
5. Must be interviewed by our Commission on Ministry for admission into the program before enrolling in Dubuque.
6. Before enrolling at Dubuque, you must take their Online Learning Certification Course as a prerequisite to enrolling in the Core classes.
7. Once accepted by Dubuque, course fees will be paid by the Presbytery. This payment mandates a two-year commitment to a church if a call is approved and person is commissioned.
Thanks for your assistance in helping find CRE candidates for our Presbytery.