The Presbytery of Sheppards and Lapsley has a growing Children’s Ministry program. Look for more good things to come.
ELEMENTARY EPIPHANY RETREAT
We did not have enough children to sign up for the Veteran’s Day retreat, so we are hoping that by rescheduling it during Christmas break, we will have more children able to come.
This retreat will sneak up on us because of the holiday. Please start promoting it now. Living River needs these children at the retreat to give them a taste of what summer camp will be like.
STEPS TO ORGANIZE YOUR ELEMENTARY CHILDREN TO ATTEND THE EPIPHANY RETREAT
- Print out the attachments.
- On the flyer your church will determine what your church will charge for the retreat and write it in on the flyer. (Your church will pay Presbytery $55 for every person registered. However, you may have money set aside in a budget to provide scholarships that will lower that price per attendee, or you may need to charge more for transportation costs and to cover chaperones.)
- Distribute flyers to 1st-5th graders and advertise in bulletins and on weekly church e mails.
- Recruit children and chaperones. You need to bring 1 adult for every 6 children.
- Individuals turn in registrations and money to you by Christmas. Checks are made payable to your church.
- The church sends Jenny at Living River (email@example.com) a list of attendees by Thursday, December 27. (See “Elementary Retreat List of Attendees” attachment.)
- One person from the church brings all the registration forms with her/him to the retreat.
- The church sends one check to the Presbytery by Monday, January 7 for their registrations.
- Living River invoices Presbytery for the number that attended.